Have you ever wondered how the Canarian gofio mousse recipe is made? This delight, which combines tradition and flavour, is easier than you think. In this post, we guide you step by step so you can prepare this exquisite typical Canarian dessert at home and become the perfect host.
Gofio Mousse Ingredients
The recipe we’re going to share is for preparing an easy gofio mousse and only requires three ingredients. Well, four if you want to add a topping of toasted sliced almonds.
- 500 ml of whipping cream
- 150 g of condensed milk
- 40 g of corn gofio (though a mix can be used)
- Toasted sliced almond topping (optional)
But, how do these combine to create this egg-free gofio mousse recipe? Let’s move on to the preparation!
How to Make Easy Gofio Mousse
The process is simpler than it seems. Here are the steps:
- Add the condensed milk to the cream: This mixture will form the base of your mousse.
- Whip the mixture: Use a mixer to whip the cream and condensed milk until it achieves a creamy and fluffy texture.
- Sieve the gofio: Gently fold in the sifted gofio in 2 or 3 batches. This is key to avoid lumps.
- Fold gently: With a spatula, fold in with sweeping motions to achieve an even mixture.
- Use a piping bag: For an elegant presentation, transfer the mixture into a piping bag.
- Fill the dishes: Select your favourite dishes and fill them with the mousse.
- Decorate: Finish by dusting with a little gofio and topping with toasted sliced almonds.
NOTE: Recipe from our new Canarian recipes contributor, you can see more recipes on her Instagram profile @deliciasdemeel.
Are you craving more? How would you like to learn about some variations of this recipe?
Video gofio mousse recipe
You can watch a video of the gofio mousse recipe on our YouTube channel below.
For those looking for an egg-free gofio mousse recipe, you’ll be pleased to know that the original recipe does not contain this ingredient. However, if you want a version of gofio mousse without condensed milk, you could try replacing it with honey or agave syrup. And for Thermomix fans, here are the steps on how to make gofio mousse in a Thermomix.
Gofio Mousse Recipe with Thermomix
Put the gofio and condensed milk in the Thermomix and set it for 35 seconds at speed 6. Then, add the already whipped cream and set again for 35 seconds at speed 6. Finally, distribute it into dessert glasses and top with the sliced almonds. Let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour and it’s ready to enjoy!
Now that you’re privy to the secrets of this classic Canarian dessert, do you dare to prepare it? Remember, the key lies in gentle movements and whipping the cream well. Share your experiences and results with us!
The term “mus de gofio” doesn’t exist haha, the correct term is mousse de gofio, even if it is a French word. According to the RAE (Royal Spanish Academy), the word mus refers to a card game, not the fluffy textured dessert we all know. By the way, if you want to know more about Canarian gofio, we have a very comprehensive article on our blog. Here we tell you about its origins, types, properties, and other uses of gofio such as escaldón or pella de gofio.
Gran Canaria Guides
Finally, if you’re planning a trip to the Canary Islands, at Local Guide Gran Canaria we have several guides to help you choose which Canary Island to visit. We also have detailed guides of some of the most visited Canary Islands that you can consult below.
- Things to do in Gran Canaria
- Things to do in Tenerife
- Things to do in Fuerteventura
- Things to do in La Gomera
- Things to do in El Hierro
We are Ruth & Jorge, Gran Canarians with a travelling soul. Experts in tourism and digital marketing. We share the most authentic side of Gran Canaria (where we live) and… our adventures around the world!