If you don’t know where to eat at Las Canteras beach, today we want to share with you 10 possibilities. Moreover, they are different from each other. You should know that along the Las Canteras promenade and its nearby streets you will find food from all over the world. Korean, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Lebanese, American (hamburgers) and even French creperies. Of course, there is also gastronomic offer from different parts of Spain: Galician, Canarian, Extremaduran, Basque and Mediterranean in general.
As you already know the different parts of Las Canteras beach from our previous post, we will mention you which options you have in each of them. Of course, we will only suggest you the restaurants we already know and from them, the only ones which we would recommend. In addition, we will explain you which type of food they offer and their pros and contras (if they have them). So, after our comments and your budget you can make your choice.
Where to eat at Las Canteras: La Cícer
1. El Paseo restaurant: it offers typical Canarian food. It is next to the Auditorium Alfredo Kraus. The best is its terrace with sea view (always when it is not windy). We recommend you the fried octopus and the ensaladilla rusa (potatoes, tuna, mayonnaise, carrot and onion salad). It has one of the best values for money at the beach. It is also valid only to have a drink, since in this area there are good vibes.
2. El Dorado Restaurant: As El Paseo, they offer home made Canarian food. They also have a terrace in the same sea promenade. The good thing from this place is that they have some glass around the tables and when it is windy is nice to be there. It is also cheap, but I think that El Paseo has better quality. We recommend you to taste the papas arrugadas with mojo, the fried calamari and the fish croquettes. Good and quickly service.
Where to eat at Las Canteras: Peña La Vieja
3. De Enyesque Canteras. Concerning “De Enyesque”, which means appetizer in Canarian, they offer mediterranean and Canarian appetizers. This restaurant doesn’t have terrace and sea view neither, but they are so close from the sea promenade. You will eat yummy and different with a good price. We recommend you the grilled acorn-fed Iberian pork, so as the fried eggplant with honey. This restaurant is also at Arucas village.
4. Peña La Vieja ice-cream parlour. As we have already told you in our previous post about Las Canteras beach, this is one of the best ice-cream places from Gran Canaria. They have artisan ice-creams from different flavors, slushes and fresh tiger nut milk. It is opened the whole year and their products are to take away (no chairs and tables). However, along the sea promenade there are some benches where you could sit. We will show you some pictures, so as the prices from July 2018. As you may check, there are even queues outside.
Where to eat at Las Canteras: Playa Chica and Muro Marrero
5. Bodega Extremeña. This is one of our favorite places to eat some snacks and appetizers. They have Extremaduran products as the Iberian ham from the Guijuelo and Jabugo villages. Attention, they do not open on weekends, only from Monday to Friday. You can imagine how good it runs. The waiters are also so nice and friendly. They have a small terrace and inside they have high stools and tables. We suggest you the foie and Iberian ham small sandwich and the tomato salad. Don’t forget the Polvito Extremeño as a dessert. Everything is delicious and good value for money. Have a look at our Bodega extremeña post for further information.
6. The Bikina Cantina. We have already written about this restaurant because we consider that they have everything: good and yummy gastronomic offer, friendly staff, terrace and good vibes. We invite you to read the La Bikina cantina post with all the details.
7. Summum restaurant. This restaurant is on the top floor from Reina Isabel hotel. It is also for non-guest clients. Thanks to its location they have one of the best views from Las Canteras beach. They have terrace and indoor dining room also with a good view because the walls are made of glass.
In the menu they have very interesting culinary proposals where you can see some Peruvian dishes as the ceviche. The portions are not that big, but the dishes presentation is excellent. Equally, the combination of high quality food which they offer is delicious. Concerning the service and wine variety, they are also marvelous. For all of this reasons, you should know that it is an expensive restaurant.
Where to eat at Las Canteras: Playa Grande
8. El Arrosar Restaurant. This is our favorite restaurant from the island and where we celebrate most of the important dates. So, if you do not know where to eat at Las Canteras, this should be one of your choices. The service is top here and we are sure that they prepare the best rices from Gran Canaria. They have 16 types!
It is the typical restaurant where you can find the best dishes from Spain. This means, a nice Iberian ham, fish and seafood, meats, rices, wide cellar and desserts. Their dishes are presented in a traditional and simple way. However, as they use raw material from the highest quality, you will taste perfectly all flavors. El Arrosar do not have sea view and neither a terrace, but there is a lot of daylight and the service is top. We recommend you the black rice and the one with baby cuttlefish and leeks, so as the grilled baby cuttlefish, the fried boquerones (anchovies), the coquinas (small clams) and their delicious salad. Everything! The price is not cheap at all, but it is worth going.
Where to eat at Las Canteras: La Puntilla
9. Casa Carmelo restaurant. This restaurant’s specialities are the grilled meat, Canarian and Spanish food. However, when we come here we usually order the “Casa Carmelo” salad to share. It comes with avocado, tuna, smoked salmon, boiled eggs, red onion, watercress… It is enormous and delicious. We also order here the Andalusian gazpacho which they have the whole year on their menu. In the same way, we have tried the sirloin here and it is very tasty. They have sea view from the inside dining room and, of course, also from their terrace to the Playa Grande bay.
10. La Marinera restaurant. It is from the same owner as Casa Carmelo, but in this case they are specialized in fish and Canarian food. You can check yourself the fresh fish from the day in their glass fridge. If you want to try the local fish, we recommend you the fried Vieja and the grilled Cherne. You have also to try the gofio made with the fish soup. At La Marinera’s menu it is also the previous salad. They have an indoor dining room so as a huge terrace with a view to the whole Las Canteras beach. Medium-high price.
And it is the end of our route about where to eat at Las Canteras beach. We hope that you agree with our opinions. Anyway, remember that we have at your disposal a complete guide of 50 restaurants in Gran Canaria where the locals usually go. If you purchase this guide you will access to epic content and also help us to continue creating content for you. Thank you!