At the emblematic hotel Suites 1478, which we have already written about, it is hidden its 1478 restaurant. This restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner for the hotel guests and also for non guests. The restaurant has some pieces of art around, so as the hotel has. Moreover, as we mentioned, the hotel is an ancient Canary house and that is why it has its own typical courtyard. At this courtyard there is one of the dining rooms from the 1478 restaurant. It is quite nice since it is quite bright and there is a fountain where the water is flowing every time.
Menu 1478 restaurant
First of all, we would like you to know their new menu. As it is quite large and it could be downloaded from their own website. It is easier that you know its variety and prices through this link. We will let you know what we have tried.
- Breakfast. They have a large variety of toasts, eggs (also Benedict) and three types of complete breakfasts: the 1478 restaurant and the Mediterranean. On the other hand, you can order some coffee, tea, fruit, yoghurt and cakes. As you may check from the picture below, the toasts are quite big. This picture is from one of our breakfasts.
Our experience at 1478 restaurant
As we went for a birthday and we where a big group, we could try a lot of things.
- Starters. We loved that in their menu they have local food. For example, the Canarian cheeses. Delicious!!
From the rest of the starter menu, we tried the oyster, peat and its spicy pearl. It is one of the few places in Gran Canaria where you can taste this delicacy. The spicy touch is subtle, nothing exaggerated.
From the stater menu, we also tried the mussels in tangerine pickled sauce. To be honest, we have never tried a combination of flavors like this and they where perfect as an appetizer.
We also tried the red shrimp ceviche. One of the best dishes of 1478 restaurant without a doubt. The red shrimp comes wrapped in avocado. You have to try it!!
At the same time, we ordered artichokes with almonds (only in season). The artichoke is not an usual product which we might see in the menus from the Canarian restaurants. It is more from the Mediterranean. They were really tasty.
Another delicacy that we could try was the dish called King prawns, cow and lemon. A real show.
Finally, we tried the cuttlefish in their own ink with pistachio. Awesome dish, incredible presentation.
- Main dishes: After ordering the starters to share, we wanted to try the aged beef entrecôte and even the fat was delicious. Also the Pigeon and the risotto with cheese from Guía and wild boar. The truth is that everything was delicious. So much that we could not order dessert.
Desserts and drinks
- Desserts: as you could have checked in their menu, they have five type of desserts. We have to highlight the matcha tea chocolate bonbons and the Indian fig ice cream coated with chocolate and almonds. Something exclusive from 1478 restaurant.
- Drinks: there is variety of vermouth, sparkling wine and champagne. Moreover, it is one of the few places from the city and from the island which prepares a marvelous Aperol Spritz.
Opening hours and reservations
As we mentioned at the beginning of the post, the restaurant offers food service from the breakfast until the dinner. Their opening hours are from Monday to Saturday from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm and Sundays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Remember that they are located at the ground floor from the hotel Suites 1478 at the 22, Dr. Chill Street in the old town Vegueta, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. As always, we recommend you to book in advance calling the +34 928 847 772.
We hope that you like to know new charming places and that you can tell us how was your experience! Finally, if you want to know what other places to eat do the locals frequent, we have prepared for you a restaurant guide. Moreover, if you haven’t planned your holidays yet, we have some guides with itineraries per day ready! Do not miss them!